QLS Diploma in Counselling Adult Trauma
Certificate: Provided by ABC Awards & Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme
Who is this course for? Qualified counsellors wishing to expand and deepen their knowledge of working with trauma and sexual abuse.
What is covered on this course?
- Students will learn the theory of psychological trauma, including looking at physiological, biological, psychological, and sociological responses to trauma.
- Students will learn about the different diagnoses of trauma, with a focus on complex trauma and sexual abuse
- Students will learn about the theory of attachment and how these different attachment styles can influence a therapist’s approach to working with psychological trauma
- Students will learn a staged approach to working with trauma through exploring and critiquing trauma focused models.
- Students will also be introduced to the REWIND technique as an intervention for trauma
Module 1: Trauma Theory
Module 2: Complex Trauma and Attachment with specific reference to sexual abuse
Module 3: Safe Trauma Therapy: assessment, managing risk, and trauma focused models
Module 4: Working with Trauma: A Staged Approach
Module 5: Self Care, Vicarious Trauma, and Burnout
Method of assessment:
In order to successfully complete the Diploma in Counselling Children who have Experienced Trauma all students are required to complete a 3,500 word case study.
To complete this CPD course, students must be qualified counsellors and a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, or another relevant body.
Our training is offered on the following dates 10am—4pm during 2020:
19th and 20th September
17th and 18th October
14th and 15th November
5th and 6th December
Easy payment schedule
Course fee £800.00 plus £10 Registration Fee
£200 Deposit plus £10 Registration Fee and 6 payments of £100.00 spread out over the course
Venue: RASA Education Training Centre, Bootle L20 4TZ
For further information or to book a place
To book a place please complete the attached enrolment form and follow the instructions with regards to payment.