CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
RASA Merseyside regularly runs Continuing Professional Development training for anyone seeking to increase their awareness and skills. CPD Certificates are issued on completion.
2-3 Stella Nova, Washington Parade, Bootle
This 8-week course is aimed specifically at promoting your overall health and wellbeing. We will teach you some simple but surprisingly effective techniques drawn from the Zen tradition to help you manage your everyday life, deal with stress and pain, improve your concentration and focussing skills, and boost your general health and wellbeing.
This course is suitable if you’re looking for an introduction to mindfulness and meditation, and/or if you’re looking for a way of dealing with stress-related problems, depression, chronic-fatigue, or pain.
The course explores a variety of topics including:
- Stress and time pressures
- Physical pain
- Difficult emotions
- Taking care of yourself and nurturing our wellbeing
- Living at an elevated level of function
The meditation and mindfulness techniques that are covered include:
- Body Scan
- Counting the breath
- Following the breath
- The practice of presence
- Mindful living
This course will start on Monday 24th October 2022 - 9.30am-11am for 8 weeks, please note the course will not run 31st October so the course will run to 19th December 2023
Course Fee £50.00
CERTIFICATE IN COUNSELLING CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
This is a CPDUK certified post qualifying course for counsellors who want to develop knowledge and skills relating to therapeutic work with children and young people.
It will cover:
• The needs of children and young people in counselling and psychotherapy service.
• Skills required when working with children and young people.
• Key professional and ethical issues concerning risk, safeguarding and collaborative assessment
• The contextual and organisational factors in terms of delivering counselling and psychotherapy services working in the counselling relationship with key issues that impact on children and young people.
• creative approaches to working with children and young people.
DURATION: 6 days of tuition (across 3 months), plus at least 2-4 hours of independent learning per week.
COURSE DATES: 22nd/23rdOctober 2022,19th/20thNovember 2022,10th/11thDecember 2022 or 22nd/23rdApril 2023, 20th/21stMay, 17th/18th June 2023
Fees: The fee is inclusive of assessments, tuition, certificate, course materials and creative materials.
£650 for the full course. £50 (inc.) non-refundable deposit to be paid to book a place. Can be paid in instalments.
VENUE: RASA Education Training Centre, Bootle L20 4TZ (Training also in Manchester, dates TBC, please enquire below) For further information or to book a place please contact Helen Millar: