Safeguarding Adults Training
Safeguarding Adults Training is for qualified counsellors and trainees who want to be confident with regards to their role in safeguarding clients they are working with. This course is also suitable for Counselling Supervisors who need to assess how their supervisees are working with their clients, ensuring that safeguarding is present at all times.
Although Local Authorities have overarching responsibility for protecting and promoting the welfare of all adults at risk. Safeguarding is …
This important CPD course will enhance your skills and give you time to reflect on your professional practice within your service/ private practice and give you the necessary training with regards to relevant interventions that can be used.
Once the course has been successfully completed you will feel confident to be able to use the skills and knowledge within your counselling work and safeguard clients.
Participants will need to be working as counsellors under supervision. Training will take place over 1 weekend and the course will cover the following:
- Know what is meant by ‘safeguarding’
- Know how to recognise signs of abuse and neglect of adults
- Know current legislation in relation to safeguarding
- Develop policies and procedures in your private practice/agency
- Understand your role as practitioner and how to make referrals in your area
Tel: 0151 558 1801